Our curriculum relies on Socratic dialogue - rhetorical conversations involving respectul questioning and criitical thinking - and the classical model of education called the Trivium as its academic corner stone. The three phases of the Trivium include:
- Grammar – In this phase students acquire fundamental knowledge in all disciplines.
- Logic– As students become world-class citizens, they learn how to reason and debate. Students apply their knowledge as they discern and evaluate, compare and contrast, and discover cause and effect relationships in any given subject.
- Rhetoric – As students progress through the Trivium, they learn to apply the rules of logic to the information they have acquired. Students learn to think rationally and articulate ideas effectively.
Our Rigorous, Classical, Liberal Arts Model
As a college-preparatory school, we prepare all students for entrance into and success in college. We offer a rigorous classical, liberal arts curriculum that produces graduates with strong critical-thinking and learning skills.
Our curriculum employs the Socratic method and the Trivium across all subject areas. Each course is designed to build fundamental knowledge, develop the ability to reason and debate, and cultivate critical-thinking skills with the ability to articulate ideas. Our curriculum equips students with the fundamental knowledge and skills that are necessary for success in college and beyond.
All students must take:
- Four years of Latin
- Four years of each of the traditional core subjects (English, mathematics, science and social studies)
- Two elective courses per semester.
We offer a strong electives program in the arts, in addition to foreign languages and social sciences. We have an extensive Advanced Placement (AP) program, in core subject areas as well as electives. All students are encouraged to take at least one AP course during their four years in preparation for the rigors of college-level courses. Additionally, senior students in good academic standing can receive academic credits for an internship.